|About the Job|
August 2015 – May 2016
|Summary||Built Full-stack Web Application to showcase and manage a Startups database that handled over 30.000 registered users and over 500 unique daily visitors.|
Founderlist: Bridging the gap between Startups and Investors in Latin America.
Founderlist is a Startup that intends to close the gap between Startups and Angel Investors in Latin America, much like AngelList does in the US. I joined this Startup as its CTO in mid 2015.
To achieve its goal, Founderlist had 3 main goals and focus:
- Reach out to as many Startups of LATAM as possible and get them to sign up to request investment.
- Reach out to as many Investors and Angel Investors in LATAM that share a passion to see Startups grow and that are interested in investing in these ventures.
- Match these Investors with Startups that would be of their interest to achieve rounds of investment through syndicates.
As its CTO, I built the whole of the IT infrastructure from the ground up; from the design to its implementation. The Founderlist site was built with Java EE for a Wildfly Server and launched on an EC2 instance within AWS. At its peak, it handled 500 unique daily visitors with more than 15,000 registered users.
Working on Founderlist was a bliss, everything happened very fast, the requirements would change every other day, and we had to shift the focus all the time to accommodate to our users and investors needs.
Not only did I gain a lot of technical experience by designing, building, launching and maintaining a Web Application, I also learned a ton about business, the world of investments and entrepreneurship. I got to meet a bunch of awesome people, from which I learned a lot too, and I made some interesting contacts. I also take away that I participated in some important business negotiations, including some that would amount to USD 150,000 in investments.
- Created and maintained Website with more than 12.000 users and over 300 unique daily visitors.
- Built complex Web Application from scratch.
- Succesful application and review of UX Design principles in Front-End of the Website.
- Gained experience participating in meetings for investments of up to USD$ 150,000.
- Java EE
- JPA, JSF
- IntelliJ Idea
- Oracle VM VirtualBox
- Amazon Web Services
- Ubuntu Server & Linux
- VPS, SSH, Putty
- Google Analytics
Made by Elena Bravo